Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) $36.00 HR + $5.00 SIGN ON BONUS
Company: Alden Debes Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
LPN $36.00 PLUS $8,000 Sign-On Bonus paid out at $5.00 per
-If you are looking to work for a skilled facility who appreciates
the time and effort you put into taking care of your residents and
who loves to have you as part of a TEAM, then you have found the
We celebrate those employees who make a difference! We have
part-time and full-time positions available for RN's and LPN's and
we will work around your school (yours or your kids) schedule if
needed. ALL shifts considered. - ALDEN DEBES- This is a large
multi-faceted facility serving sub-acute rehab, geriatric long-term
care, hospice, behavioral health and the newly added dialysis unit.
BOTH facilities are newly redecorated, have excellent benefit and
tuition reimbursement packages, and can create a flexible schedule
to met your needs. Extremely generous tuition reimbursement
programs available. -
-LPN's collaborate with our CNA's who provide ADL care for our
residents as well as work hand in hand with their nurses to provide
weights, vitals, skin care and change in resident behavior/status
information. Hospitality Aides help support our healthcare team and
provide improved services to your residents. Our electronic health
record system is simple and easy to navigate and our training is
comprehensive to help you feel comfortable.
LPN's participate in the clinical assessments/data gathering and
care, admission/discharge detail, medication management, and are
part of the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement process to
always ensure we are getting better! Our orientation program for
RN's and LPN's helps to ensure newer nurses are supported and
educated to ensure a seamless transition into our facility and into
our electronic medical record system.
You can GROW within our company! We have advancement opportunities
within the facility as well as within our robust Alden organization
throughout Illinois and southern Wisconsin. Have you ever wondered
if you could be an Assistant Director of Nursing or Director or
Nursing? Or a Wound Care Nurse? Rehabilitation Specialist?
Administrator? We provide education and training and promote from
within when possible. Apply online or on-site and schedule your
interview immediately! We can't wait to meet you!
- Responsible to provide direct nursing care to the customer, and
to supervise the day-to- day nursing activities performed by the
nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with
current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines and
regulations, facility policies. The objective is to ensure the
highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a
RN or LPN in the State of Illinois and/or Wisconsin.
- Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within
two weeks of employment.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
- Demonstrates interest and/or knowledge in care of the
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers,
family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness
to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be personable, enthusiastic, and resourceful.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with customers,
family members, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
- May be required to lift, push, pull and move equipment,
supplies, and customers in excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including exposure to the (HIV) AIDS and
Hepatitis B viruses.
- Accepts and supports as directed by appropriate authority. This
may require different floor, customers, workload, and multiple
tasks as assigned.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the
Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden for a respective unit.
- Assume all Nursing procedures and protocols are followed in
accordance with established policies.
- Directly supervise and instruct the Ladies and Gentlemen of
Alden on a number of topics to promote job knowledge.
- Ensure all the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden follow established
departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate dress
- Assist in developing a written plan of care for each customer
that identifies the problems/needs of the customer.
- Attends and actively participates in customer care plan
conference as directed.
- Report all concerns, complaints made by the customer or their
family to the Administrator.
- Counsel/discipline nursing personnel as requested or as
- Make daily rounds to ensure nursing personnel are performing
required duties, and to ensure appropriate procedures are being
followed. Make physical rounds to all customers daily. Make rounds
with physicians as necessary.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest,
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
- Attend and participate in continuing education
- Recommend to the Director of Nursing the equipment and supply
needs of the department.
- Place orders for medications and treatments as necessary
following established budgetary guidelines.
- Utilize PCC 24-hour summary concerning recommendations/concerns
related to customer care needs.
- Fill out complete accident/incident reports.
- Encourage attending physicians to review treatment plans,
record and sign their orders, progress notes, etc., in accordance
with established policies.
- Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner
that reflects the care provided to the customer, as well as the
customer's response to the care.
- Complete required assessments upon the customer's admission,
transfer, and/or discharge.
- Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on the
Physicians' Order Form and P.O.S.
- Record new/changed diet orders. Forward information to the
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance
with our established Charting and Documentation Policies and
- Responsible for completion of admission, discharge, and
- Prepare and administer medications and treatments if
appropriate as ordered by the physician.
- Review medication record for completeness of information,
accuracy in the transcription of the physician's order, and
adherence to stop order policies.
- Administer professional services such as: catheterization, tube
feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs,
colostomy, and drainage bags, care of the dead/dying, etc., as
- Participate in the orientation of new customers/family members
to the facility.
- Arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by
- Notify the customer's attending physician and family when there
is a change in the customer's conditions.
- Obtain sputum, urine and other lab tests as ordered.
- Take and record TPR's, blood pressures, accuchecks, etc., as
- Contact the customer's physician for:
- Nursing assessment of change of condition.
- Medication orders or charges.
- To inform of incidents.
- To report abnormal results of Lab and X-ray.
- Anything else pertinent to the customers' care and
- Ensure the nurses' notes and monthly summaries reflect the care
plan and is being followed.
- Attend staff meetings, etc., as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Debes Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Rockford , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) $36.00 HR + $5.00 SIGN ON BONUS, Healthcare , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!