Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Company: Alden Park Strathmoor
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Alden Park Strathmoor - CNA $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
- The CNA supports and assists in providing a holistic,
therapeutic, person-centered Memory Care Program on the Memory Care
Unit. The CNA will achieve and maintain the highest quality of life
for each resident with a diagnosis of a disease that causes
dementia residing in or under the care of the facility.
- Commit to continued growth as a knowledgeable and experienced
healthcare provider in the area of Alzheimer's dementia and other
diseases that cause dementia.
- Commit to obtaining at least 12 hours of continual education
annually for self, including the required 16 hours of orientation
training and any other ongoing dementia care specific trainings for
direct care staff.
- Become knowledgeable of each individual resident's background,
life history, disease, medical and behavioral care needs, and
preferences in detail.
- Utilize any communication devices for residents, such as
language services, communication boards, assistive devices, etc.
Accept education for utilizing these mechanisms to provide ample
- Assist in providing a therapeutic, person-centered memory care
activity program that constantly strives to enhance the quality of
life of each resident, meets the Memory Care Program Mission and
Philosophy, and upholds the Memory Care policies and procedures and
all state and federal standards; commit in providing non-scheduled
activities through the use of my talents and training.
- Encourage family involvement through volunteering and
- Provide a clean, safe, non-hazardous unit for the residents and
- Assist in providing an individualized symptom management
tracking system as needed per resident, including development and
maintenance of individualized, non-pharmacological interventions
- Complete all required documentation.
- Maintain all program policies and procedures and state and
- Provide feedback to the Memory Care Director for monitoring
achievement of the facility and Memory Care Program goals through a
- Be flexible to meet the change in residents' needs. We need to
adapt to their needs rather than expecting them to adapt to our
- Provide emotional, caring support to residents, families, and
the inter-disciplinary team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Park Strathmoor, Rockford , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Healthcare , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!