School Social Worker - 2022/2023 School Year
Company: Rockford Public Schools
Posted on: August 7, 2022
ROCKFORD PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT #205
Job Title: School Social Worker
Job Code: 9640
Department: Special Education
Supervisor: Program Admin for Special Education
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
School social work services involve direct services to pupils and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the
requirements listed below, regular attendance is an essential
function of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this position.
1.Ensures that all actions are in concert with the Board policies
as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and
parameters found in the Board's strategic plan.
* Carries out such additional duties as required or as conditions
* Participates in job training and professional growth
opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential
functions of the job.
* Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of
ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
* Maintaining, as a primary focus, the right of all children to a
free and appropriate education and to supportive services if
* Counseling (group and individual) or casework with the pupil and
family aimed at enhancing the pupil's educational experience.
* Identifying those factors in a child's living situation (home,
school and community) which impinge upon his/her experience in the
* Mobilizing family, school and community resources to enable the
child to receive maximum benefit from his/her educational
* Preparing social developmental assessments, including cultural
and adaptive characteristics, which systematically appraise the
degree to which affective, developmental, environmental, health and
interpersonal relations factors affect a pupil's ability to
* In order to perform some of these duties, it may be necessary to
transport students, parents and other family members to or from
school sponsored activities and events. This option will be
negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
* Encourage student attendance by recognizing student attendance
patterns and intervening as appropriate.
* Assumes any other duties as may from time to time be delegated by
the supervisor and the supervisor may make any adjustment in the
scope of responsibilities as outlined above which will be in the
interest of the school district.
* All administrative actions must be in concert with the mission
statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the
strategic plan of the Rockford Board of Education.
* Illinois Type 73 certificate in Social Work
* Bilingual as required by location.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Master's Degree in Social Work
Moderate in-district travel as well as intermittent in-state and
out-of-state travel. Intermittent prolonged and irregular hours of
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: In compliance with the ISBE standards for
School Social Work
This job description describes duties and responsibilities which
are representative of the nature and level of work assigned to the
position. The identified duties and responsibilities are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them
from the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between the school district and employee and is subject to change
by the school district as the needs of the school district and
requirements of the job change.
Keywords: Rockford Public Schools, Rockford , School Social Worker - 2022/2023 School Year, Healthcare , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!