RN- ICU Full Time Nights
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Sign-on bonus eligible!At SSM Health, we know the healing power
of presence begins with compassionate employees like you.As an RN
in the ICU, you will assess and intervene complex patient care
needs and act as an advocate for each patient. You may comfort
patients and their families, encourage patients to improve, and
fulfill other roles as needed. This position is scheduled for 36
hours a week as a night shift, hours 7pm- 7:30am; every 3rd
weekend, and a few holidays per year.Monroe Clinic RN positions
require enrollment in a BSN program within 2 years of hire, and
successful completion of the program within 5 years of hire.At SSM
Health, you can expect a work environment where:- Employees feel
valued, respected and free to express themselves;- Each employee
finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a
greater purpose;- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while
management is supportive.If youre a patient advocate firstIf you
listen and respond with great careIf the needs, wants, and goals of
each patient matter to youThen wed love to learn more! Please fill
out your application today.Join a network of healthcare
professionals just as kind and powerful as you.Provides direct
nursing care in settings where patients require complex assessments
and intervention, in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.PRIMARY
- Obtains comprehensive data pertinent to the patient from the
patient, family other healthcare providers to develop a holistic
picture of the patients needs or condition.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data from the assessment in
determining diagnosis or conditions relevant to care.
- Identifies optimal outcomes for the patient in collaboration
with the patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain outcomes, using clinical judgement in collaboration with
patient, family and interprofessional care team.
- Implements the plan, employing strategies to promote and
maintain a safe environment, coordinates implementation with
patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Evaluates processes and progress toward attainment of goals and
- Contributes to the quality and effectiveness of nursing
practice, evaluates their own practice, and maintains current
knowledge and competence.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice, collaborates
with patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Uses clinical inquiry and integrates best evidence into
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patients
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Rockford , RN- ICU Full Time Nights, Healthcare , Monroe, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!