On-Call RN (Hospice)
Company: James David Staffing, LLC
Posted on: January 12, 2022
DescriptionThis is a Full time salaried position and will have a
schedule of 7 days on/7 days off: Monday-Thursday 5 PM-8 AM, Friday
5PM-Monday 8AM.The on-call registered nurse organizes and directs
hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on
community health education/experience. The professional nurse
directs the immediate services necessary to meet the needs of
individual and families within their homes and communities. This
position would help cover call for nights and weekends.Essential
- Available to receive and respond to calls from Triage during
assigned shifts making visits to patients with changing conditions,
and completing week end admissions.
- Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive
assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs for
after-hours calls. Provides a complete physical assessment and
history of current and previous illness.
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
- Assesses and evaluates patient?s status by:
- Writing and initiating plan of care
- Re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
- Participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the
patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by
the physician in the physician?s plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and
facilitates the patient?s efforts toward self-sufficiency and
optional comfort care.
- After hours on-call responsibilities included remaining
available for all calls related to patient care and making all
appropriate visits as necessary.
- Remaining with patient and or family through a crisis period
until resolved and or relived.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical
notes regarding patient?s condition and care given. Records
pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient?s needs
and reports changes in the patient?s condition; obtains/receives
physicians? orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to
coordinate the care plan.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques
as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as
ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities
for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works
in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members
in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice
interdisciplinary group to meet the emotional needs of the patient
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services are available.
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and
maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills
through attendance and participation in continuing education and
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2)
years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting,
and one (1) to two (2) years of recent experience in home
- Current licensure in State.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and
equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or
crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good
working order.James David Staffing, LLC (JDS) prohibits unlawful
discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion,
religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical
disability, mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition,
genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military
status, veteran status, or any other characteristic to the extent
protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy against
harassment or discrimination extends to coworkers, contractors,
vendors, and customers.
Keywords: James David Staffing, LLC, Rockford , On-Call RN (Hospice), Healthcare , Delavan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!