Radiology Technologist II
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The hours for this position will be Monday-Friday 6 am -3 pm,; 2
of every 3 weekend rotation on the PM shift; and 2 holidays per
year. Also requires back-up on-call a few days per month at the
most, which rarely requires being called in.This position will work
in the hospital and the clinics, including Illinois. The IL
licensure is reimbursable.Takes x-rays of designated parts of the
human body for diagnostic purposes and provides support for the
imaging department. This position performs plain films, fluoro,
portables, and OR exams.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Explains procedures to patient to ensure understanding.
Provides appropriate educational material.
- Transports patients to and from clinical areas and verifies
patient identity according to policies and procedures. Prepares
patient for radiology exam by positioning the patient for the
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents
patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within
the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal
activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Maintains a clean, and orderly department to include procedure
rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms and any other areas in
- May perform limited CT procedures in emergent situations when
CT Technologist is not on site.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degreeEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and
repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.SSM Health is committed to equal
employment opportunity based on race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, and all other
statuses protected by law.
Keywords: SSM Health, Rockford , Radiology Technologist II, Healthcare , Monroe, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!