Stock handler - Government Packaging Specialist
Company: General Electric
Location: Loves Park
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Description Summary
The stock handler for production is a varied position. You can be
packaging to contract specifications, ordering material for future
contracts, coordinating the DCMA inspection, or many other related
activities. All DCMA demand filters thru this position. The
purpose/function is to read the contract early, and have required
material ordered and received and ready for packaging in time to
meet the contract date.
* Perform physical movement of materials from one area to another
using pallet jacks or carts.
* Picks parts/products for shipments ensuring accuracy of
identification and quantity
* Put the packaging code into the software to extract material
method and direction.
* Fills kits and deliver to production as required
* Process material against purchase orders and work orders using
electronic material management system.
* Work with appropriate logistics and production personnel to
resolve/prevent part and packaging material shortages
* Label the cortract per MIL-STD-129.
* Help reconcile inventory discrepancies and report discrepancies
* Follows work procedures and schematics including complex
instructions regarding duties to be performed.
* Enter to the Vendor Shipment Module (VSM) software for document
* Assists in the writing and/or developing of work procedures and
training of such procedures.
* Works independently and completes basic troubleshooting
* Enter labeling information into the government excel spreadsheet
and request packaging source. This identifies the CLIN, Shipment
ID, TCN, and serial number.
* Access WAWF to confirm signoff, produce paperwork for compliant
shipping. Ship confirm in ORACLE.
* For Repairs identify all items that share the same shipment ID
and invoice number.
* In repairs, all mods must be read and understood to extract the
information to ship compliantly.
* Submit into Commercial Asset Visibility (CAV) for the shipping
label request and DD-1138 form.
* Need the ability to complete the CAV process and extract the
* Follows all EHS and Quality policies and procedures
---Participates in quality control inspections when required
* Works with team leaders, engineers, supervisors, and managers to
improve quality and process efficiency
* Ability to build rapport within the immediate team and with the
* Maintain partnerships in job function and with assembly,
materials, logistics, and test teams
across the manufacturing operations and across all shifts
* May train other team members when required
* Comply with EHS regulations and policies
* Other duties as assigned, and may be asked to be included in
quality activities, training sessions, and employee activity
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of two years of work experience; at least six months of
warehouse, production, or stockroom experienced preferred.
* Ability to lift, transport, move and / or manipulate boxes or
other materials up to 25 lbs.
* CUSTOMER CENTRIC! In the execution of the packaging of the
contracts. We strive for world class delivery and customer
* Teamwork - Willing to stretch on the assignment.
* Flexible, Adaptable and versatile
* Works collaboratively with the extended supply chain quality and
the commercial team.
* Uncompromising attention to detail
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
* Effective in high volume transactions and data input
* Ability to work independently without supervision
* Result oriented
* Problem solving skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens,
permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the
Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to
access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of
status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the
United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be
required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may
apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Keywords: General Electric, Rockford , Stock handler - Government Packaging Specialist, Government & Protective Services , Loves Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!