Manager - Investment Operations/CCO
Company: Midland States Bank
Posted on: September 10, 2019
Manager - Investment Operations/CCO
Rockford, IL - East State St.
# of Openings
Midland Financial Advisors, a SEC Registered Investment Advisory
Firm, an Affiliate of Midland States Bank
The Operations Manager/CCO is responsible for managing the
operational, compliance, and risk management activities for the
department. Operational activities include trading, cashiering,
client servicing, reporting, and systems administration. The
Operations Manager/CCO is also responsible for developing,
monitoring and managing the firm's compliance policies and
- Direct and coordinate the efforts of the Operations team to
ensure the delivery of efficient and responsive support, timely and
accurate completion of responsibilities for which the department is
charged, and to provide for the professional development and growth
of department personnel.
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies and process
improvements to reduce department risk exposure and improve
- Implement periodic portfolio rebalancing and trading as
- Track and review portfolio investment performance reports.
- Provide project leadership and oversight for strategic
initiatives and project management within wealth management
- Negotiate vendor contracts and oversee vendor relationships to
ensure maximum vendor performance and compliance with established
service levels and policies.
- Develop, continuously review, update/revise, and implement a
strategic plan to support the growth, efficiency, and profitability
of the department.
- Serve as system administrator and subject matter expert for
department's information systems and will also serve as the
business unit liaison with Information Technology, Security and
- Design, implement, and test a disaster recovery program to
provide for business continuity in various disaster or system
- Oversees document imaging, file management, and document
retention for the department.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or
requested, to senior management.
- Develop, monitor and manage firm's compliance policies and
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Compliance Program.
- Maintain all regulatory required filings and registrations -
initial, amendments and renewals for the firm and its
- Maintain all regulatory required disclosure documents.
- Respond to requests for information regarding firm, its
employees or its clients by regulatory bodies.
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues
to appropriate channels for investigation and resolution and
communicates with various legal and regulatory bodies to understand
current and new rulings affecting the firm and its operations.
- Review and approve responses to complaints and coordinate
proper reporting of complaints, violations, or potential violations
to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or
- Monitor / review account activity, correspondence, and
advertising in accordance with policies and regulations.
- Facilitate any examinations performed by regulators or
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates department
policies. Communicates policies to all employees.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable regulations including,
but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of prior experience in customer service,
operations, and/ or compliance
- Minimum of 5 years of direct supervisory or management level
- Advanced industry training and/or certifications such as Series
7, 24, 65/66 may be required.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of industry best practices
and regulatory expectations for operations, compliance, and risk
management of a financial services firm (RIA, brokerage, and/or
- Solid strategic thinker and problem solver
- Strong communication skills-internal and external
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized, able to set
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Team player, with strong coaching, feedback and listening
- Ability to lead change through relationship building, indirect
management and influence
Midland States Bancorp, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, or any other applicable
federal or state-protected classification.
Keywords: Midland States Bank, Rockford , Manager - Investment Operations/CCO, Executive , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!