Associate Director, Project Engineering (Rockford,IL)
Posted on: February 13, 2019
This position will lead the planning, development and execution of major capital projects and cross-functional initiatives to achieve function strategies, goals and objectives within AbbVie's Process Research and Development organization. Contributes to the development of the long term business strategy and vision by identification and development of capital investments to meet pipeline demands. Identifies and leads eorts designed to support the development of individuals, organization and culture. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures. Ensures quality and effectiveness of key results of major projects within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Direct, manage and drive implementation of large, R&D capital projects/programs to align and achieve key strategic business objectives. Independently manages multiple, often concurrent projects. Understands organization strategic vision and integrates technology and business needs when defining project scopes.
- Accountable for all phases of major capital project lifecycle including Front End Planning, requests for capital expenditure, project execution, turnover and financial closeout. Coordinates project scopes, development plans, program strategies and milestones / critical path activities in collaboration with project managers / project engineers.
- Manages staff of project managers/engineers, including development, mentoring and eective delegation. Maintains organizational flexibility to deliver projects assigned to the organization; leveraging internal resources, contract employees and contracting with outside engineering and construction management firms.
- Contributes to the development of the capital LRP and Plan Finance deliverables. Collaborates with Director to forecast, construct and manage capital budget.
- Communicates R&D program status to Director. Provides regular, clear and concise communication and updates on program status and individual projects to sponsor and function management.
- Leads project teams in using established Project Management tools and techniques to stay within authorized budget limits and achieve the overall project and organizational objectives. Manages tools & processes needed to ensure employee proficiency with departmental systems, procedures, tools and guidelines.
- In cooperation with corporate purchasing, identifies the need for strategic alliances with vendors and assists with contract negotiation. Evaluates qualifications, reliability and performance of vendors, ensuring adherence to plans, policies and procedures to provide required services.
- Fosters an environment of innovation and exchange of ideas. Integrates experiences and approaches from multiple projects / disciplines to develop the best solution in the total business context. Develops standards and practices that assure the greatest return on investment and that minimal infrastructure will be required for ongoing support. Identifies opportunities for and participates on teams for process improvement initiatives.
- Effectively communicates with all levels throughout the organization. Develops networks valued by functional leaders. Actively supports open exchange of expert, cross-disciplinary knowledge. Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects. Acts as an advisor to management. Sets a clear direction for improving project design / outcome within the framework of the corporate strategy. Level assigned will be commensurate with education level and experience Basic:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (chemical or mechanical engineering preferred), science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 12+ years of significant engineering and / or operational experience.
- Advanced degree preferred
- A career history marked by a consistent series of significant contributions and accomplishments. Proven track record of managing projects to completion using extensive external resources.
- Demonstrated and has been recognized for excellence in breadth and depth of knowledge in capital project management.
- Interacts well with diverse groups across a division and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences, while optimizing overall organizational goals.
- A technical background in pharmaceutical development/manufacturing, health care, or medical devices preferred.
- Project accounting experience with demonstrated competency in financial systems and fiscal control. Understanding and management of procurement & contracting processes.
- Formal Project Management training (preferred). Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled Associated topics: administrative, administrative coordinator, beverage, document, facilities, front office, food, operation, operational assistant, operational support
Keywords: AbbVie, Rockford , Associate Director, Project Engineering (Rockford,IL), Executive , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!