Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Senior Manager - HR Generalist
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 74935BR Date posted 10/16/2018 City Rockford
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us!
Our global HR team works on behalf of our 41,000 employees to create a culture where talent thrives. Whether its the implementation of our holistic Healthy You wellness program, the accelerated development of our top performers, partnership with managers to lead successful teams, or recruiting the best people to our organization, we impact the business in a number of important ways. We do this, and much more, without losing sight of our values, ethical standards and the importance of compliance. From the big, strategic programs to the high-touch client partnerships, our HR team is leading cultural transformation at UTC Aerospace Systems.
The Human Resources department is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) Business Unit within UTC Aerospace Systems. This individual will be provide HR support and be responsible for labor relations with our within the Electric Power Systems (EPS) business located in Rockford, IL.
- Provide HR Business Partner support to the Director of Operations and corresponding leadership team and employees, in both salaried and union workforces.
- Lead talent initiatives, including but not limited to leadership development reviews, talent development, succession planning, retention approaches, diversity & inclusion strategies, improvements with employee experience, candidate experience, onboarding and supporting talent acquisition efforts.
- Execute compensation planning such as salary planning, incentive compensation, and other compensation projects.
- Conduct and lead employee investigations, as needed Partner with key customers to understand business needs and challenges and develop creative solutions to improve the organizations culture.
- Support organizational design efforts and restructuring, as needed to ensure efficiency.
- Responsible for workforce and headcount planning within designated client groups.
- Developing positive relationships with Union Shop Committee and area Labor Stewards
- Administering the Collective Bargaining Agreement within assigned area
- Training, guiding, and supporting supervision as it relates to operating within the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Performing thorough, thoughtful, and detailed investigations on Employee, Ethics, and Business issues
- Preparing grievances for disposition and meet with Union Shop Committee as required to resolve grievances
- Meeting regularly with business customers to understand issues affecting their operations relative to the CBA
- Reviewing and approving promotional activity Supporting overall Labor Relations activities as assigned
- All other HR projects/initiatives as required
- 7+ years of Human Resources business partner experience
- Labor experience
- HR specific certifications a plus
- Bachelors degree required
- Masters degree a plus
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At this time, UTC Aerospace Systems will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, Rockford , Senior Manager, Executive , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!