Bariatric Manager, Nursing, St Joseph Hospital, Chicago
Company: Presence Health
Posted on: October 16, 2018
Requisition ID: 56854
Location: Presence St Joseph Chicago
2900 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60657 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Nurse Manager of Bariatrics provides leadership, accountability and responsibility for Saint Joseph Hospital - Chicago Bariatric Surgical services in conjunction with the Bariatric Medical Director. Responsibilities include coordination of clinical care across the continuum, excellent patient experience, input into strategic planning, budgeting, quality management, and financial accountability. This manager must have the ability to role model and lead staff in the areas of comprehensive bariatric care, compassion and sensitivity, treating all patients and family members with dignity and respect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises bariatric program personnel, providing overall direction of daily activity, performance evaluation, education and support.
- Provides nursing care and education to patients looking to have bariatric surgery. Handles lead calls and provides information about program services and the benefits of bariatric procedures. Schedules patients for surgical consultation.
- Tracks patients throughout the pre-surgical process to ensure that all necessary pre-requisites are completed and patient experience is optimized. Participates in obtaining pre-certification from insurance companies and maintains up-to-date knowledge of insurance requirements and the appeal process.
- Develops, implements and periodically reviews all policies, procedures and guidelines that support the program. These include, but are not limited to, Joint Commission requirements, CMS, national and state regulations, regulatory standards, and Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Accreditation & Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) requirements.
- Implements growth strategies for metabolic and bariatric services within the local ministry. Participates in strategic planning for service line by developing short and long-term goals and objectives. Collaborates with physicians and Ministry leadership to assess technological and capital needs, quality and resource utilization opportunities for improvement.
- Continuously assesses and improves the department's performance based on, but not limited to, quality management plan, clinical indicators and patient/employee satisfaction data.
- Participates with local leadership to collaborate on developing annual operating and capital budget, monitors and analyzes performance and productivity and implements necessary corrective plans. Utilizes budget information in departmental decision-making.
- Develops annual operating plan in conjunction with regional director, bariatric medical director, and ministry leadership and integrated with AMITA Health & Presence Health strategic plan and related department's operational plans in order to efficiently provide services.
- Interacts with the multi-disciplinary care team, maintaining open and positive communication with staff, physicians, and other hospital departments.
- Ensures that staff educational requirements for accreditation are developed and accessible to all staff that provide any aspect of bariatric patient care.
- Serves an educational resource on bariatrics within the hospital and community. Ambassador for patient sensitivity and treating all people of size with dignity and respect.
- Develops in collaboration with PR and marketing, strategies to promote services and build market share.
- Responsible to leading departmental meetings, bariatric service line committee, and also participating in regional metabolic and bariatric team projects and system-wide bariatric council..
- Resolves daily departmental issues and makes decisions by consulting with administrative, medical, and clinical leaders; collaborates with other departments to develop services to meet current needs and ensures coordination and integration of services within departments and with other ministry departments.
- Participate in state and national professional and related organization to ensure current knowledge of Bariatric Surgery operations.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Nursing or other related degree required. Registered Nurse within the state of Illinois. Minimum three years of leadership experience. Bariatric surgery patient care experience strongly preferred.
Efficient Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint; Epic/Meditech systems; Peoplesoft; and Kronos Payroll systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Specialty Certification is encouraged (i.e. Certified Bariatric Nurse)
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hsp Chicago
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Medical, Payroll, Nursing, Clinic, EMR, Healthcare, Finance
Associated topics: domiciliary, hospice, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, registed, surgery, surgical, tcu, transitional
Keywords: Presence Health, Rockford , Bariatric Manager, Nursing, St Joseph Hospital, Chicago, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!