Assistant General Manager
Company: Applebee's Grill & Bar
Posted on: March 16, 2023
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
1. Manages Restaurant Environment
- Ensures prompt friendly service according to company
- Directs overall activities and performance of associates on a
- Builds a culture using the Vision/Mission Statement to guide
teamwork, results, integrity, passion for service, fun, balance,
innovation, and being guest driven.
- Ensures the immediate response and correction of all verbal
guest complaints by self and staff. Refers all verbal and written
guest complaints to General Manager.
- Ensures guest contact as a priority with self and staff
utilizing a target goal of 100% table visitation.
- Enforces alcohol awareness on a shift to shift basis.
- Maintains adequate departmental inventory levels.
- Ensures product preparation and presentation uncompromisingly
meeting company standards.
- Effectively schedules associates to meet sales demands.
- Maintains effective safety and security programs according to
company policy and government standards.
- Corrects unsafe practices or conditions.
- Promotes and manages restaurant organization, cleanliness, and
- Performs routine maintenance and immediately informs General
Manager of needed repairs.
- Advises General Manager of any non-routine situations.
- Communicates with other managers daily through management log
and shift change meetings.
- Completes all other assigned duties and responsibilities. 2.
Manages Associate Performance
- Promotes quality recruitment and referrals of potential
- Promotes A.S.I. training procedures of new managers.
- Helps maintain a trained staff through effective use of
employment orientation, individual training sessions, associate
meetings, and implementation of company policy.
- Determines job assignments on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Develops an environment of constant development of managers
including informal shift reviews and participates in the
development of written evaluations every six months.
- Assesses the effectiveness of associates, provides candid and
fair feedback on a regular basis, and continuously works with
associates on their areas of development.
- Conducts thorough Selecting Service Performers interviews.
- Demonstrates proper execution of training systems as outlined
by the company while emphasizing the importance of training to
management and associates.
- Monitors acceptable associate performance and documents
situations that require or could lead to disciplinary or corrective
- Assures compliance with company policies, practices, and
- Acts as coach to all associates. 3. Maintain Controls
- Control costs in assigned department.
- Maintains and controls the assets of the company.
- Assures compliance with local, state, and federal laws,
regulations, and guidelines.
- Reports progress towards achieving restaurant performance
objectives at management meetings.
- Complies with all cash handling procedures.
- Executes weekly food and liquor inventories/costs at the
General Manager's request and is accountable for completion.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting accurate daily
paperwork to the General Manager. 4. Development
- Is responsible to the General Manager for the development of
Managers and Key Hourly Associates.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork from associates by building a
culture derived from The Bloomin' Apple Mission/Vision
- Is guest obsessed and promotes the team to be.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Completes all assignments and duties properly and on
- Develops goals and action plans for personal/professional
- Provides a role model for managers and associates.
- Exhibits a professional image.
- Develops self on all store related technology. Requirements
- Must be physically able to work at any duty station in the
kitchen or service area when needed on a temporary basis and
operate cash register as appropriate.
- Must be required to lift objects up to 40 pounds on
It all started in 1980 in Atlanta, Georgia
Bill and TJ Palmer opened the restaurant that would later become
Applebee's. We've grown up a lot since then, with almost 2,000
locations in the U.S. and around the world. Here you will always be
welcome - for delicious food, in a neighborhood setting, with
attentive service, at a great value.
Keywords: Applebee's Grill & Bar, Rockford , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Freeport, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...