Posted on: January 27, 2023
Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled
infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to
ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers,
restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our
customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the
food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in
order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Responsible for supporting the direction, coordination, and
evaluation of product movement and customer service. Carry out
management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training
employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising
performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing
complaints, and resolving problems by performing the duties through
• Ensure budgeted revenues, expenses, and targets are met.
• Ensure sales and business development initiatives are met.
• Monitor, document and improve the procedures and KPI's related to
all aspects of product handling and customer service.
• Work with General Manager to develop annual facility budgets.
• Perform regular inspections of work areas to ensure compliance
with food safety and occupational safety laws and guidelines are
• Set and achieve housekeeping standards that are a model of
orderliness and cleanliness and meet standards and procedures for
maintenance related functions.
• Model best safety practices in the industry to ensure a safe and
• Set and meet claims targets and ensure the security of the
• Build positive relationships with customers.
• Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing,
hiring, and training employees; scheduling, planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; conducting staff meetings; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
• Submit various required and defined reports on a timely
• Maintain operational procedures for verification of incoming and
outgoing shipments, handling, and disposition of merchandise, and
keeping of warehouse inventory. Meet quality control standards for
• Coordinates activities of distribution warehouse with activities
of sales, record control, and purchasing departments to ensure
availability of merchandise.
• Directs reclamation of damaged merchandise.
• Assign projects within scope of responsibility.
• Recruit, hire, train, appraise, and coach supervisor-level team
• Ensure compliance with employment laws.
• Monitor progress towards department goals. Provide reports.
• Review orders or schedules to ascertain product data.
• Ensure compliance with all company policies, as well as all
Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations.
• Prepare operational schedules and coordinate activities.
Establish priorities and sequences for products.
• Provide a safe work environment through personal actions.
Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities.
Conduct quarterly safety training.
• Support the Company Performance Management Program (PMP).
• Inspect machines and equipment. Review operating reports. Resolve
operational / maintenance issues.
• Develop and/or revise standard operational and working practices.
Observe workers to ensure compliance.
• Ensure compliance with all transportation and safety
• Manage the site sanitation program.
• Report on-the-job injuries and accidents. Facilitate modified
• Other duties as requested.
What Experience You Need
Qualifications & Experience:
• 5 years supervisory experience
• Associate's Degree (A.A.) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to manage supervisors and employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of
• Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to
contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees
for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to
seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must have strong relationship skills, be able to provide and
model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse
conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving
instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting
behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to criticism.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high
sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Proficient with WMS and RF.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
What Could Set You Apart
- A 4 year degree
- 3 years in a similar roll
- Engineering or Automation background
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me?
We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with
our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their
health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a
values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers
feed the world.
Keywords: Americold, Rockford , Manager, Operations, Executive , Rochelle, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!