Sourcing Manager (Stoughton, WI)
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Location: South Beloit
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and execute commodity strategies that align with the
directives of the organization and with respect to risk, quality,
delivery and cost, within the confines of the "Continuous Supplier
- Identify and develop supplier relationships with a strong focus
on flexibility/agility, quick response times, process flow
efficiency, product quality, on time commitments, distribution
excellence and supplier reliability.
- Develop and execute supplier contracts/agreements in alignment
with the financial objectives of the organization that will ensure
mitigation of risk, reduction of lead time, and improve delivery
- Identify, implement and obtain cost reduction initiatives in
conjunction with the "Cost Improvement Team" to achieve the targets
set by the organization.
- Maintain current expertise in supply market dynamics & supplier
classification as well as the industry and commodities
- Lead or assist the Supplier Quality Leader in the supplier
score card program that provides an objective view of our supply
base, and implement corrective actions as required or
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively
identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of
supply, and utilize emerging opportunities for the betterment of
- Process new items through a defined business process including
item master set up and vendor contract maintenance.
- Responsible for establishing production planning parameters in
the business system to effectively manage inventory
- Support Buyers and Senior Buyers with purchase order generation
as needed, and also with reviewing and acting upon ERP exception
messages resulting from changes in the master schedule.
- Investigate invoice problems to ensure timely payment to
- Analyze sales orders and bills of materials for future jobs to
ensure material availability and on current jobs to manage excess
- Participate in Supply Chain Strategic Deployment initiatives by
leading team on projects assigned such as, implementing Electronic
Data Interchange (EDI), Supplier Manual creation, Reducing
non-returnable packaging, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and
functions, which are essential to the position. - Employees must be
able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or
without a reasonable accommodation. - Accommodations will be
evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case
basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work
availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential
functions and other relevant factors.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management and
7-10 years of experience in the procurement or related
- CSCP, CPIM, or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experiences in a variety of procurement concepts, practices,
- Project management skills that are cross functional.
- Solid communication skills external and internal to the
- Experience with global sourcing a plus.
- Willingness to travel, up to 20%.
- Daily contact with suppliers; negotiation, expediting,
persuading and discussing.
- Daily contact with team of Buyers and Sourcing Managers;
leading, coaching, listening, explaining, and exchanging
- Daily contact with Sr. Sourcing Manager; exchange of
information, discussion, negotiating, and persuading.
- Daily contact with Engineering, Sales, Manufacturing, Quality,
Environmental Health & Safety: exchange of information, discussion,
negotiating, and persuading.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Rockford , Sourcing Manager (Stoughton, WI), Executive , South Beloit, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!