Director, Product Development
Company: Harris Computer Systems
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Director, Product Development
Remote - US or our Hoffman Estates, IL office
As the Director of Product Development you will be responsible for
managing the Product Development and DevOps teams. You will provide
leadership and vision for new products, product enhancements, and
product redesign and strategically plan for the future of the CCSI
Product Development and DevOps departments.
What your impact will be:
* Oversees Product Development projects, processes, and performance
reports, data, and analysis.
* Reviews documentation, including functional and technical
* Contribute to Software Requirement Specifications for
* Reviews verification plans.
* Assigns and assists with the execution and documentation of code
* Monitors and controls the progress of product development effort
through all phases of development.
* Ensures projects are delivered on time.
* Reports to executive management on changes in projects timeline,
budget and/or significant product related issues.
* Coordinate, assist and/or assign the development of all project
documents as named in the specific Software Development Checklist
Project Plan for the project.
* Has authority to coordinate cross-functional teams in the design
and implementation of new products and product enhancements.
* Responsible for Dev Ops functions.
* Ensures employees and managers within the Product Development
department receive ongoing training and professional
* Coordinates day-to-day progress of Product Development.
* Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas such as
quality assurance, information technology, sales, marketing,
product management, technical services, technical support,
clinical, and operations to develop and provide product definitions
responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
* Serve as contact for sales, technical support and customer
support for applications questions.
* Ensure products meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Assist sales management in account-specific sales strategy and
What we are looking for:
* BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or
combination of equivalent experience and education.
* A minimum of 8 years of Product Development experience.
* Minimum of 5 years preferably in healthcare or regulated
* 3+ years direct work experience in a project
management/coordination capacity, including all aspects of process
development and execution.
* Database and operating systems experience with SQL and Windows
* Solid working knowledge of current internet technologies.
* Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
* Technically competent with various software programs and
programming languages, including .Net.
* Ability to be persuasive, encouraging, motivating, and elicit
cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper
management, clients, and other departments.
What we offer:
* Culture for Growth
* Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits
* Every Voice Matters
* Global Reach
* Careers with Purpose
* World Class Career Development Programs
* Focus On Sustainability
Eight years and two decades ago, our EVP started his career as a
customer service technician for a medical software company. After
gaining fundamental knowledge of that system, and a reasonably good
understanding of supporting customers, Clinical Computer Systems,
Inc. (CCSI) was born. Upon establishing a dedicated customer base,
he bought the software supported and renamed it OBIX Perinatal Data
Over the next several years, with a team of expert coders and
engaging experienced OB clinicians to help, the software platform
was rebuilt and is continually improved upon to this day. We
continue to strive by providing a product that incorporates
industry standards with the highest level of patient care and
safety in mind. Couple that with our company culture is what
distinguishes us from everyone else.
Our mission, to focus on providing positive customer experiences
and delivering the best technical skills to service the product,
continues. Now, as a part of Harris Computer, we grow together to
support obstetric professionals as they care for and deliver the
best outcome for mom and baby.
Keywords: Harris Computer Systems, Rockford , Director, Product Development, Executive , Ohio, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!