Catering and Conference Services Manager - The Abbey Resort on Geneva Lake - Fontana, WI
Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Come be a part of something bigger!More than 10,000 dedicated
employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise
and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies
in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to
succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where
every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture
moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to
our guests, coworkers, and communities.We are a strong believer in
offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices,
policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at
both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance
to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and
professionally through on-line webinars and self-study
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as
AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more detailsWho are we?Are you
looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that
has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The
Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire
individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by
creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.As part
of the Benchmark global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are
considered to be a 'transformational agent' for our guests and 'the
best of the best'! You will have the opportunity to join an
incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the
beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed
guests' expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through
our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing
outstanding service and superior accommodations.Every Guest, Every
Employee, Every Time!We offer an array of great benefits for all
Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront
Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Caf-- Latte, Avani Spa
and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family.
Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate
family members at Benchmark properties. We also offer on the job
training, uniforms, recognition programs, housing options, free
parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley. For
our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive
medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits.If
you are ready to come Be The Difference - apply now!What you will
have an opportunity to do:BASIC FUNCTION: The Catering and
Conference Services Manager is responsible for assisting the
Director of Catering to ensure booked affairs are in compliance
with property policy while maintaining high standards of quality
and efficiency. Maintaining optimum guest satisfaction and meeting
or exceeding overall profitability objectives.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Managing event logistics and operations by ensuring that events
progress seamlessly by following established procedures,
collaborating with other employees both verbally and in writing
- Detail group sales files as assigned by Director of Catering &
Conference Services and enter all details with the assistance of
Delphi hotel system accurately.
- Ensures orderly and accurate computerized accounting of
Catering and Conference Service files
- Follow-up on all function details with Banquet Manager,
Executive Chef, Audio-Visual Technicians, Equipment Rentals,
- Attend daily banquet event order meetings with department
- Upsells to increase average checks, menu items, etc.
- Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the
Event Operations team for the execution of details
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the
clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Oversees customer experiences from file turnover through the
post event phase
- Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average to
large-sized assigned groups
- Identifies operational challenges associated with client and
determines how to best work with property staff and customer to
solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions
- Uses judgement to integrate current trends in event management
and event design
- Solicits feedback from property departments to identify areas
for improvement to enhance the event planner's experience.
- Follows up with client post-event, responding to guest problems
and complaints, obtaining feedback on product quality and service
- Participate in business review and pre/post-event
- Required to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Scheduled hours may vary on business needs and may or may not
include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by Manager.
- Interface positively with other departments, offering
assistance when needed.
- Stay current with Delphi and update account data as
necessaryENVIRONMENT:Indoor environment with carpeted surfaces.
Well-lit with good ventilation. Property venue touring and event
oversight will include both indoor and outdoor venues, and
all-weather conditions.We are an Equal Opportunity
EmployerM/F/D/VWhat are we looking for?QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION,
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of a hotel.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Publisher and able to
learn the Delphi system
- 1 - 2 years previous experience in the hospitality
- CMP certificate desirable, but not necessaryBenchmark
Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees.
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, Rockford , Catering and Conference Services Manager - The Abbey Resort on Geneva Lake - Fontana, WI, Executive , Fontana, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!