District Sales Manager
Company: SPX Flow
Posted on: May 16, 2020
This role can be based in the Seattle Area or the Portland,
Oregon Area--Home office based
If you combine knowledge of fluid power technology with success
selling directly to OEMs and through distributors, this position
offers you multiple compelling opportunities. You will:
* Make an impact in a high-potential, under-developed pacific
northwest territory. In the hands of a skilled District Sales
Manager, this territory could double or triple its current market
* Sell and train on SPX FLOW's Hydraulic Technologies' product
lines; represent leading brands such as Stone, Power Team, Bolting
Systems, Hytec, and Globe.
* Work across an array of target industries, including Oil & Gas,
Mining, Infrastructure, Power Generation, Aerospace, and others.
You will sell directly to OEMs and call on independent distributors
and National distribution channels.
* Work with a great team in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
-- just a couple of the reasons we have a high number of
* Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities or
advance within a growing global industry leader.
You will work out of your home office in the Portland, Oregon or
Seattle, Washington area and cover a three-state territory
including Oregon, Washington and Alaska.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager, as the District
Sales Manager (DSM), you will be responsible for the sales and
profitability of your assigned district, and for achieving overall
division and corporate goals. You will implement plans in the
territory, focusing on various major industries (e.g. Oil & Gas,
Mining, Infrastructure, Power Generation, Aerospace and other
general industries) which result in the expansion of existing
products and customers, while also capturing new customers and new
Specifically, you will:
* Demonstrate expertise in solving customer problems relative to
SPX Flow Hydraulic Technologies' applications.
* Develop and maintain a close working relationship with assigned
* Evaluate and report on accounts on a regular basis.
* Maintain excellent and up-to-date customer account records using
* Provide timely and accurate market information including
competitive pricing activities, products, and other items necessary
to the success of area marketing strategies and programs.
* Keep records and create reports on activities and expenses,
submitting them on a regular and timely basis.
* Develop and recommend innovative ideas and tactics that will
contribute to an increase in market share and sales.
* Confer regularly with management on recommended sales strategies,
promotions, and potential new markets.
* Work with accounts and be aware of potential problem areas with
SPX Hydraulic Technologies' product lines in the areas of
shipments, past due accounts, etc. Must be able to define a
problem, assess risks, and develop recommendations for action
* Deliver strong presentations, both written and verbal.
* Model and promote the SPX Flow leadership standards to create an
environment that mobilizes empowered people to achieve business
* Conduct sales seminars for industrial distributors and product
seminars for end users on the uses and application of products to
create product awareness and demand.
* Conduct safety seminars focusing on the correct utilization of
our products, correct storage techniques and proper/improper
applications at end user accounts.
Note: Listed responsibilities are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to
be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required.
Incumbents will be expected to perform other duties as
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Fluid Power
* Fluid Power Specialist required; NFPA Certified FPS or HS
* 5+ years in an outside sales position selling directly to OEM's
and through industrial distribution.
* Proven track record and experience selling in the fluid
power/hydraulics industry; experience with high-pressure hydraulic
* Must have a valid driver's license and own an acceptable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Proven ability to develop business in new/underdeveloped
* Ability to identify and develop leads.
* Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication
skills; ability to provide product training in both application and
* Must be effective at managing multiple tasks.
* Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office programs including
Excel and Microsoft CRM.
* Ability to travel up to 50%.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX FLOW employees are expected to behave in accordance with our
* Think all customer, all the time.
* Embrace teamwork with no borders.
* Be obsessed with being the best.
* Own your actions.
* Ask the hard question.
* Do the right thing, always!
* Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX's business, and every
employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any
nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system.
All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such
nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and
SPX FLOW is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
reason prohibited by law.
Keywords: SPX Flow, Rockford , District Sales Manager, Executive , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!