Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 15, 2019
- Provide design engineering for injection molded products.
- Design new equipment, tooling, fixtures, and manufacturing workstations.
- Make design improvements to existing products and manufacturing equipment.
- Process vendor drawings into Thermo Fisher Scientific format and into our document control system.
- Manufacturing Equipment and Processes:
- Investigate, specify, and implement new manufacturing equipment and processes for new products.
- Identify opportunities for automation, research options, and implement to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Optimize existing processes to reduce costs, improve quality and reliability.
- Support Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement programs to eliminate waste, reduce costs, and improve customer service.
- Provide direction and technical decision making for management involving capital asset purchases and expenses for projects and/or strategic activities.
- Facilities engineering:
- Create, update and maintain facility floorplan and mechanical system drawings as needed.
- Investigate and recommend facility modifications, renovations, and new facilities to accommodate organizational needs for expansion or improvement of facilities.Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- Current student status in a Bachelor of Science degree program in an engineering discipline.
- Computer-Aided-Design --- A basic working capability using computer-aided-design software using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Communication --- Strong verbal and written communication skills for effective interpersonal interactions and to influence the organization to pursue initiatives and proposals. Good writing and documentation skills for preparing specifications, experimental plans, reports, and operating procedures.
- Leadership --- Ability to recognize a problem or opportunity and initiate efforts to improve the situation. Ability to manage projects, form and lead cross-functional teams to develop plans, build consensus, assign responsibilities, and follow-up to achieve team goals.
- Organization - Strong organizational skills with superior analytical capability.
- Team Player - Must be a flexible team player capable of carrying multiple projects simultaneously and wearing many different hats depending on the situation and circumstances.
- Proficient in PC applications, including Word, Excel, and CAD. Capable of learning other applications, such as Visio, Minitab, etc., as needed.
- Must be flexible to work occasional off-shift or weekend hours as needed. Ability to travel occasionally.
- Position will require working in a wide variety of environments including office, laboratory, hazardous chemical production, clean room, general production and warehouse, occasionally outdoors around the site, on roof-tops, in mechanical spaces, interstitial spaces, etc. Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Rockford , Engineering Intern, Engineering , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!