Associate Project Engineer
Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Associate Project Engineer Apply Now Save This JobJob is Saved Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems Req ID 72917BR Date posted 09/19/2018 City Rockford State/Province Illinois When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That?s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn?t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world?s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design and manufacture aerospace systems for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft and are a major supplier for international space programs. Engine Systems is a part of the larger Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business unit. This site?s engineering group is responsible for development and support of a wide variety of engine and airframe accessories, including accessory gearboxes, air turbine starters, fluid pumps and blowers. From the fuel tank to the igniters, we have the resources and expertise to design, qualify, and manufacture first in class central systems for our aerospace engine customers. Engine Systems is looking for a project engineer to support new and existing programs for PWEH (Pratt & Whitney East Hartford) products, primarily focused on the air turbine starter product line. The project engineer is responsible for the cost and/or schedule management and coordination/execution of the design and development activity, including testing and validation, of systems and/or components. Primary Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the development activities are executed in compliance with the Program Operating Plan, all applicable Standard Work, and, applicable Standard Procedures (SP?s).
- Responsible for leading as well as documenting various process outputs: such as requirements management; risk management; proposal activities; earned value; resource management; manufacturing process reviews; peer/design reviews; design-to-cost/manufacture trades; technical reporting; test readiness reviews; and action item capture/closure.
- For existing products, duties may also include field and manufacturing support.
- Performing Root Cause and Corrective Action investigations for field and production issues and supporting manufacturing and assembly issues is also a key area of responsibility for project engineering.
- Liaison for all technical communication between the team, the programs, and the external customers. This includes coordination of both internal and external suppliers to support project needs.
- Project engineer typically is the technical team lead in the preliminary design phase, detailed design phase, and the validation phase of the product life cycle.
- Successful candidate attributes include strong interpersonal capabilities and communication skills, a willingness to lead others, effective problem solving skills, and a strong personal dedication to project results and accountability for both individual and team progression towards those results. Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- 0+ years? experience in engineering or related field preferred. Responsible for supporting the execution of the component Integrated Product Development Team:
- Support the identification, allocation, and resolution of technical requirements issues and changes
- Support the generation, and drive the execution of risks and mitigation plans with the scope of the system or component project
- Continually coordinate with the Integrated Product Team new and evolving risks along with technology maturation plans to ensure both technical and schedule-oriented project success
- Ensure IPT's reach decisions necessary to achieve overall component goals
- Coordinate and document the product design per standard work
- Drive & document Design to Weight (DTW) activities per Customer spec
- Coordinate with New Product Introduction Ops Lead group to identify long lead parts and support parts procurement to meet program objectives
- Direct preliminary parts lists manage parts changes
- Coordinate / drive drawing and specification release
- Drive & Document Design to Cost (DTC) activities per internal targets
- Coordinate assembly, test and shipment of pre-production deliverables
- Prepare test plans & procedures Due to government & military contracts US Citizenship is required.
- Drive the test readiness (facilities, test articles, test equipment, procedures, approvals, etc.)
- Testing (development, qualification, certification, reliability) and data files
- Test reports, similarity/analysis reports (preparation through submittal)
- Drive failure reporting, root cause analysis and corrective action
- Support program kickoff and program plan reviews (as applicable)
- Backing periodic customer status review meetings and applicable metrics Education:
- Bachelor?s in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering. At this time, UTC Aerospace Systems will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.UTAS4220182 United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to [Click Here to Email Your Resum?]. Apply Now
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, Rockford , Associate Project Engineer, Engineering , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!