Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Producibility Engineer Apply Now Save This JobJob is Saved Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems Req ID 72847BR Date posted 09/19/2018 City Rockford State/Province Illinois When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That?s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn?t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry?s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!The Producibility Engineering will play a strategic role in securing new business for the long-term health of the business by ensuring cost competitiveness in all our product offerings to the market place. Strategically, this role supports the Producibility Engineering Manager Primary Responsibilities:
- Establishing and enforcing Product Line focused manufacturing/procurement strategies.
- Define core manufacturing technologies required in support of the Product Line strategy.
- Stay current with relevant manufacturing technology advances in the industry.
- Drive MRL progression in the implementation of new manufacturing methodologies.
- Tactically, this role will be responsible for:
- Cost Reduction Leadership
- DTC tracking
- Execute should-cost analysis
- Make / buy vote
- Detail print / EC review and signoff
- Work instrucution Review/Approval
- Manufactuing Standard reviews
- Challenge plant sites and procurement
- Global OPS and Supply Chain process change review and approval
- The position reports in to the Producibility Engineering Manager for the Gearbox, Pump, and Starter Product Lines Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- 5 years minimum experience in Reproducibility Engineering or detailed exposure to Design for Manufacturability processes and activity.
- 1 year experience with cost reduction
- An understanding and interest in the latest trends in manufacturing technology. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in design of complex mechanical componentry.
- Demonstrated team management and leadership in the successful completion of major projects.
- The willingness to challenge the status quo and savviness to work across organizational lines
- The ability to articulate their message in convincing fashion such that it evokes action from executive management.
- The ability to travel globally. Education:
- Bachelor?s degree minimum in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering. Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.UTAS4220182United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to [Click Here to Email Your Resum?]. Apply Now
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, Rockford , Producibility Engineer, Engineering , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!