Access Operations Engineer
Company: U.S. Cellular
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Access Operations Engineer
The Access Operations Engineer ensures RAN and edge of network
services perform per engineered design specifications, utilizes
data analytics, and responds to network outages within prescribed
timeframes. Ensures system availability and reliability and carries
out duties in support of new technology deployment and network
- Operate, maintain, and proactively monitor performance of all
aspects of the wireless network to ensure it is performing as
designed and drive resolution when anomalies are discovered. This
includes responding to outages on a 24x7 basis.
- Utilization of analytical and automation tools to seek and
correct problems to provide analysis of network systems to
proactively manage, support and optimize network reliability and
- Engaged in nationwide support of initiatives, such as software
upgrades, enterprise projects and special events.
- Supports network activities with vendors and other teams. This
will require working knowledge across all vendor platforms for all
legacy and emerging wireless Network Systems including all fiber
and microwave backhaul.
- Supports new technology deployment, network expansion and
capacity augmentation through equipment installation,
commissioning, integration, and post-activation validation testing,
to include remote support, call test verification and performance
- Coordinate preparations and responses for mass outage events,
to include providing alternative power sources, accessing sites
using alternative means to clear access, repair site equipment,
logistical coordination, and audit for related damages.
- Maintain and operate company resources such as tools, vehicle,
all-terrain vehicle, and test equipment to ensure proper operation
- Asset tracking and management of fixed assets in support of
Sarbanes-Oxley regulations. In addition, provides expert guidance
for standards and process creation.
- Associate Degree in Electronics/Computer Science/Data Analytics
or equivalent work or military experience.
- Minimum 3 of experience in related industry.
- High level of proficiency and understanding of the 4G/IMS/Core
architecture, call flows, technologies, services, and
implementations based upon 3GPP standards as well as legacy CDMA
1x/EVDO, VoLTE, 4G/LTE, 5G, SIP, VoLTE and Data Roaming, transport
including microwave, Cell Site Routers, SIP/VoLTE translations, IP
Telephony, and network diagnostic tools.
- Ability to participate in technical projects involving a
diverse and/or cross-functional team.
- Understanding of data analytics, data visualization, automation
and of scripting and automation knowledge.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communications
- Must be capable of reporting to remote work site locations
after hours to provide network support as required during planned
and unplanned activities.
- Support rotating on-call duties (24x7).
- Valid driver's license and good driving record. Must establish
and maintain DOT certification.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds
- Travel required as needed.
- Related experience in computer operations, switching, and radio
or data communications.
- Bachelor's Degree Electronics/Computer Science/Data
U.S. Cellular is an EEO employer and gives consideration to
qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: U.S. Cellular, Rockford , Access Operations Engineer, Engineering , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!