Senior EMC Engineer
Company: TuSimple, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together
we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more
environmentally friendly.This role is located in Tucson, AZ
Relocation assistance is provided.For immediate consideration
please email your resume to:
OverviewCome join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!As a
multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are
at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our
breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.While
inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of
autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed
supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are
some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are
leaving behind a historic legacy.TuSimple was founded half a decade
ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together
to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a
foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial
Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global
commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!Job
OverviewWe are in need of an experienced EMC/EMI Electronics
engineer to support our development of the Autonomous Freight
Network vehicles. You will be a part of cross-functional project
teams. The product development EMC Engineer is responsible for
compliance to applicable vehicle and components EMC standards
throughout the product design cycle.Experience and Skills required
- Perform as EMC Team Leader for the TuSimple Electrical
- Create the EMC design review process for TuSimple automotive EE
- Work with EE systems and product design engineers to understand
the customer and product requirements and translate those
requirements into EMC/EMI compliant product designs.
- Conduct Design for EMC evaluations to support scheduled product
prototype and validation testing.
- Evaluate product design concepts for EMC/EMI compliance and
document the risks.
- Detailed reviews of electrical and mechanical designs for EMC
- Conduct pre-compliance testing in lab to minimize risk prior to
- Determine applicable product EMC requirements based on
customers and vehicle types.
- Coordinate and conduct EMC validation testing at 3rd party test
facilities as required.
- Review schematics and the printed circuit board layout for use
of EMC best practices.
- Support the development and reviews of engineering documents
such as FMEAs, DVP&Rs, Root Cause Analysis etc.
- Support test engineers to create test plans and review test
cases to validate components to EMC automtive standards such as
CISPR 25, ISO 11451-xx and ISO 11452-xx.
- Complete EMC/EMI circuit and harness analysis using EMC/EMI
simulation type tools.
- Design and validation to automotive electronics design and test
- Support Product launch on automotive vehicle applications.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and Bachehlor's
Degree in Electrical or Physics
- 4 years of experience in R&D projects in a role of design
engineer responsible for EMC compliance and/or EMC test
- 5 years of experience in new product development of electronics
controls modules directly working with microcontrollers, embedded
systems designs, power electronics and electrical harness
- Successful launch of electronics products to the automotive
environment and test standards.
- Working knowledge of conducted and radiated emission and
immunity, burst, surge, ESD, etc.
- Hands on experience EMC test & measuring equipment
- Familiar with PCB design standards for EMC compatibility
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics and mechanical
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Experience in Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS),
Autonomous Driving (AD), and Functional safety-critical Embedded
Systems is highly desired.
- EMC Hardware design experiences in EDS, electronics and
safety-critical automotive systems
- Experience in Automotive EMC design standards and EMC/EMI
environmental test requirements
- Successful electronics product launch experience on automotive
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Up to a 30% discretionary bonus.
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and
personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap,
religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by
applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are
performed without regard to the above listed items.This role is
located in Tucson, AZ Relocation assistance is provided.For
immediate consideration please email your resume to:
Keywords: TuSimple, Inc., Rockford , Senior EMC Engineer, Engineering , Belvidere, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!