Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: January 13, 2022
HNI Corporationis a global family of brands for the workplace
and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and
gather. Wepride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make
a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity,
inclusion and belonging.What We Need:We are looking for
aSustainability Engineerto join our HNI Furniture Operations team
in Muscatine, Iowa!
- Drive energy and waste performance, by leading teams and
evaluating operations and office buildings to identify and manage
sustainability projects. The Sustainability Engineer is the key to
help facilities deliver on corporate CSR goals.What You Will Do:
- Lead/Assist HNI sites or Sustainability teams with the
development and implementation of sustainability (energy and waste)
projects and improvements to achieve HNI CSR Goals.
- Educate Leadership and members on sustainability topics by
providing training in sustainability matters related to projects
and significant changes.
- Coordinate with sites to reduce environmental impacts of their
operations by identifying solutions, evaluating feasibility,
determining equipment needs, proposing, and implementing solutions
via Continuous Improvement or Capital investments.
- Develop systems to monitor plant performance and write/update
standards and procedures for control systems improving
sustainability like compressed air, process heat, dust collection,
HVAC, and other energy demanding equipment.
- Provide regular reports to the business by tracking performance
to Key Performance Indicators.
- Develop and use energy and monitoring systems to ensure
performance and identify gaps.
- Incorporate and respect all policies on Safety, Hygiene,
Environment and Quality when driving sustainability activities or
projects and ensure technical focus is consistent for legislative
and regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain appropriate service level relationships
with other areas such as Production, Skilled Trades, Engineering,
IT, Procurement, Contractors, and Vendors.
- Update and develop key documentation including data collection,
engineering drawings and standard work.
- Reinitiate the HNI energy team activities that were in place
previously including energy and compressed air audits, etc.
- Drive efforts to improve transfer efficiency and reduce the
generation of wastes such as powder coat paint, wood, etc.What You
- 3 years engineering experience required and/or 3 Years of
project management and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge in sustainability, including energy management, GHG
emissions and waste reduction/elimination/recycling/reuse.
- Experience in managing aspects of Safety, Industrial Hygiene,
Environment and Quality.
- Experience/Knowledge in RCI tools and Project Management
(preferred)HNI Corporation(NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of
workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two
segments. Theworkplace furnishings segmentis a leading global
designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market
under multiple unique brands. Theresidential building products
segmentis the nations leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth
products.As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation
was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our
Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of
America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.How we act today
protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report
equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI -
they are operational imperatives. We value each others differences
in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our
customers.Take a look at our DEI goals
Benefits on Day 1! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer
visit www.HNIbenefits.com.We also invite you to visit us
atwww.HNICorp.comto learn more!
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Rockford , Sustainability Engineer, Engineering , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!