Director of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
Company: PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Location: Loves Park
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Director of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Loves Park , IL
61111 Posted: 04/05/2021 Employment Type: Direct Placement
Category: Architectural and Engineering Managers Job Number: 89139
Job Description The Director of Advanced Manufacturing is
responsible to lead and improve the facility' s manufacturing
engineering organization. This includes implementing platform
innovative manufacturing and process technologies as well as
optimization of manufacturing and value stream processes.--
- Executes manufacturing platform strategies and process
- Assesses and integrates advanced machinery and equipment into
the value streams
- Drives continuous improvement for OEE, FPY, Cpk, set-ups, cycle
times, etc., using company Production System techniques
- Drives effort of identifying and implementing affordable error
proofing and automation technologies.
- Supports innovation culture through continuous systemic
improvements utilizing simulation, SPC, PFMEA, standard work, work
- Collaborates with design engineering and champions the use of
the Product-Life-Cycle (PLC) process to support the development of
new technologies (product and manufacturing), execution of product
development programs, and value stream architectures.
- Works with IT, Design, and Operations Technology to implement
- Leads initiative to implement robotic and cobot solutions to
improve safety, quality, and cost.
- May serve as member of Manufacturing Council
- Provides proactive technical support to production lines on
manufacturing processes, equipment, process design, standard work,
- Accountable for manufacturing technology and platform
- Accountable to ensure that appropriate manufacturing
engineering standards are created, maintained, and improved.
- Consults with the manufacturing engineering organization in the
research, design, development, and implementation of lean
manufacturing, automation, value stream architecture, manufacturing
equipment and manufacturing processes to serve current and future
products and value streams
- Provides the leadership, training and mentoring required for
manufacturing engineering staff' s career development.
- Interfaces with equipment suppliers; works with indirect
procurement to maintain alignment of supplier technology roadmaps,
service and support
- Actively monitors and looks for potential new technologies and
concepts to provide significantly more competitive manufacturing
- Establishes and executes on proactive capital equipment
acquisition and shop capacity plans.--
-- Expert level knowledge of latest machining and automation
-- Understanding of lean manufacturing concepts Demonstrated
analytical skills capable of evaluating and improving production
processes and capacity.
-- Ability to facilitate and drive continuous improvement
activities within a product family and value streams.
-- Experience in manufacturing cost analyses.
-- Demonstrates capability to motivate and lead others through
problem solving and continuous improvement.
-- Demonstrates servant leadership and strong interpersonal
-- Experience in Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP).
-- Ability to lead cross functional teams to document, prioritize,
and execute tasks related to process and machinery issue resolution
and continual improvement initiatives.
-- Displays refined communication and presentation skills.
-- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills.
-- Demonstrates technical savvy and ability to reach consensus on
-- Strong people, time management, and project management
-- Strong organizational skills.
-- Strong strategic thinking skills.
-- Effectively champions change and challenges the status quo both
internal and external.
-- Understanding of PLC controlled cells and systems, supervisory
control and data acquisition (SCADA), and/or complex automated test
equipment a plus.
Education or Formal Training:
-- 4 year technical/science degree or International equivalent
-- Technical Master Degree or MBA or International equivalent
- 10+ years' progressively responsible experience in
manufacturing and/or production.
- 5+ years' experience in an environment with automation,
robotics, and/or integrated machining/production cells
- 5+ years' leadership experience Login to save this search and
get notified of similar positions. Related Jobs:
- Electrical Engineering Manager
Elgin, IL Login to save this search and get notified of similar
positions. John understood the scope of my job and was able to
manage my moving goal posts and did not get rattled when I pulled
the carpet out from under him ---Read More Take control of your
career! Join the team as a recruiter at PEAK and build the future
of your dreams.
Keywords: PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Rockford , Director of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering , Loves Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!