Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Senior Associate - Contracts
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 71898BR Date posted 09/07/2018 City Rockford
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The nature of our global business is complex, and we rely on our Legal, Contracts and Compliance (LCC) team to help us get the job done. As a valued partner across our business, the LCC team plays a key role in our companys success. Our LCC team members bring their passion, expertise, and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our employees' creative ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career in a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
The Actuation Systems, Regional and Business Jet Program is currently seeking a Contract Administrator to join our team working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The nature of our global business is complex, and we rely on our Contracts and Commercial Management team to help us get the job done. As a valued partner across our business, the Contracts team plays a key role in our companys success. Our team members bring their passion and expertise to everything they do; from safeguarding our employees' creative ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career in a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your contract and organizational expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
- Draft, review, negotiate, finalize and assist in achieving approval for all new contracts, subsequent contract amendments, and other contractual documents as required
- Manage existing contracts to ensure compliance to contract terms, identify and seek commercial adjustment for out of scope changes, and to mitigate risk areas
- Proposal preparation
- Ensure appropriate flow down of contract requirements and amendments
- Customer Purchase Order and Demand Management (Customer Hardware scheduling and tracking)
- Support the efforts of the program teams in establishing and securing contractual requirements and ensuring coordination of cross-functional review, input, and approval
- Assess business risks and propose plans to mitigate when appropriate
- Contract file maintenance and close-outs
- Comply with all company procedures and internal approvals and governance
- Maintain and organize Contracts, Audit, & Artifacts
- Draft, interpret, & manage contract documents in support of Contracts & the Business Unit
- Adhere to Import / Export Compliance Requirements
- Ensure coordination with the customer program team
- Participate in the review and negotiation terms and conditions of customer agreements.
- Manage Customer demand scheduling and order fulfillment
- Coordinate demand effort with Program and Operations teams
- Manage financial and operational impacts to the Business Unit
- Adhere to and comply with Standard work processes
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Disseminate (flowdown) Customer contractual requirements within the organization
- Liaison between internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Working knowledge of various contract types and US Government export regulations.
- Able to work expeditiously under time constraints
- Strong attention to detail.
- Results oriented; working collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced manufacturing business environment.
- Previous experience supporting company ACE initiatives, including standard work and business financial goals.
- Advance skills with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- SAP knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, management, finance or related field with 1 plus year of experience
- Master's degree preferred with any relevant experience, 0 plus years
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
UTAS4220182United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, Rockford , Senior Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!