Patient Care Administrator
Company: VITAS Healthcare
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Patient Care Administrator is a member of the Senior
Management Leadership Team, and is responsible for maintaining
overall clinical, fiscal, and financial integrity of patient care,
while meeting internal and external customer needs
Patient Care Services
- Assures that the mission, philosophy and values of VITAS are
upheld in the delivery of patient care services.
- Ensures that Hospice care is provided to the ultimate
satisfaction of patients and their families.
- Actively collaborates with Team Manager(s), Medical Director,
and Admissions Department on clinically complex cases.
- Works in collaboration with the Admissions Manager to ensure
patient care resources are available for pending
- Acts as a clinical resource in collaboration with the Medical
- Works in collaboration with the Medical Director and the Senior
Management team regarding the process for all alive discharges in
- Oversee the program clinical operations staff adherence to
policies, procedures, and standards.
Staff Supervision and Management
- Responsible for the oversight of hiring, training, supervising,
coaching and mentoring of clinical operations staff
- Interviews, hires, supervises, mentors and evaluates the
performance of direct reports.
- Oversee and participate as needed in counseling and termination
of clinical operations staff.
- Facilitates and participates in regular meetings with direct
clinical operations leadership team.
- Recurring individual mentoring meetings with direct reports
onsite and in the field.
- Ensures that the clinical managers are efficiently managing
resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Assume responsibility of program management roles as
- Identify potential key leaders and mentor for career
- Participates as a mentor for orientation and ongoing
Quality Improvement/Regulatory Compliance
- Collaborates with senior management, direct reports,
performance improvement specialist, and other programs in
identification of trends, and potential Performance Improvement
Plans as well as participating in and providing overall direction
for clinical Performance Improvement Plans.
- Ensures all program-required audits are completed.
- Collaborates with Medical Records Claims Review Team for
external audits and records requests, to ensure timely and accurate
submission of requested documentation.
- Proactively prepares for potential internal and external
surveys, assuring compliance with policies, procedures, standards,
Federal, State and local regulations are followed.
- Actively participates in internal and external committees
relevant to the program.
Customer Service/Sales and Marketing
- Works in conjunction with program management in identifying
referral sources and additional educational requests.
- Actively participates in sales/admissions meetings.
- Ensures that patient/family grievances are resolved timely and
- Ensures proactive customer service and process/standards are
- Fosters relationship with external customers, referral sources,
and regulatory personnel including soliciting feedback
- Participates in community functions and professional
organization as required
- Works in collaboration with the senior management team to
foster employee satisfaction.
- Identifies opportunities in resource management and utilization
by oversight and review of clinical operations including but not
limited to labor, pharmacy, medical supplies, equipment and
- Utilizes trend reports, dashboards, income statements,
financials and other reports to identify trends and opportunities
for Performance Improvement Plans.
- Responsible for development and implementation of Action Plans
associated with identified areas of improvement.
- Collaborates with senior management in the budget and strategic
- The ability to utilize and analyze management reports.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the
- Current Registered Nurse License to practice in the state where
the VITAS Program is located.
- Two years of home health and hospice experience.
- Four years of healthcare management experience.
- Hands-on fiscal and budgetary experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field from an
accredited college or university or the international equivalent
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
VITAS - Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end-of-life
care, and has the resources and expertise to support your personal
and professional growth. As a member of the VITAS team, you'll find
fulfillment working for a people-focused organization dedicated to
making a difference in the lives of others. You will be more than
just an employee: You will be counted on as an expert in your
field, and as a valued team member whose efforts are respected and
vital to our hospice mission.
All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and
responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism,
collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth
and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and
position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and
leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard-find
your purpose at VITAS today.
- Competitive compensation - Health, dental, vision, life and
disability insurance- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care
flexible spending accounts- Life insurance- 401(k) plan with
numerous investment options and generous company match- Cancer
and/or critical illness benefit- Tuition Reimbursement- Paid Time
Off- Employee Assistance Program- Legal Insurance- Roadside
Assistance- Affinity Program
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment
opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays
Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: VITAS Healthcare, Rockford , Patient Care Administrator, Accounting, Auditing , Ohio, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!